2014 Legend Award
Nominations are now invited for the 2014 Legend Award.
Nominations are invited from any member of the HVWTA, with one nomination per member. Nominations should be in line with the criteria outlined below, and will be reviewed for compliance by the Legends Sub-Committee. In the event that there is more than one complying nomination, a vote will be held by the Legends present at the evaluation meeting to elect a successful candidate, should there be one.
Previous Legends Inductees
Max Drayton (2007), John Tulloch (2007), Karl Stockhausen (2007), Perc McGuigan (2007), Max Lake (2007), Brian Walsh (2007), Brian McGuigan (2008), Jay Tulloch (2009), Bruce Tyrrell (2009), Fay McGuigan (2009), Phil Ryan (2009), Christopher Barnes (2010), Don McWilliam (2011), and Patrick Auld (2012), and Ian Scarborough (2013).
The Hunter Valley Wine Industry wishes to honour those who have been involved in the growing of grapes and production of wine over a significant period of time.
1) The nominee should be, or has been involved in as their primary employment, the growing of grapes and/or production of wine.
2) The nominee is required to have been in a position to influence the course of the Hunter Valley Wine Industry.
3) The nominee should have had a continuous 30 year involvement in the Hunter Valley Wine Industry.
4) The nominee may be eligible if he/she has had a total 40 year involvement but not continuous, whether through physical location or employment.
5) Notwithstanding (1) the nominee may have made a significant contribution to the welfare of the Hunter Valley Wine Industry.
Please submit the following one (1) page nomination addressing these criteria. Please do not send more than one page. Nominations must be received by Friday, 7 March 2014.